Landmark Products designed / manufactured / installed a modified K8105 Sports and Recreation facility that can cater for multiple teams of both genders during competition and training. The order came directly from Gympie Regional Council as part of a 2 stage project (this is the second stage) and we worked with numerous departments in order to provide a total solution that suited council’s requirements.
The modified K8105 Sports and Recreation facility includes:
- Design and drafting service
- Prefabricated and kit form engineered solution
- 23.0m x 10m on-slab amenity
- Installation and project management service
Landmark’s design team worked with council to deliver a building design to withstand and respond to periodic flooding including:
- Durable materials
- Fast and effective post flood clean-up
- Flood water escape
- Removable hydraulic services and hot water system at short notice
Features & Benefits
- External Custom Orb cladding (vertical) to assist with draining of flood water
- Internal Maxirib cladding (vertical) but much flatter profile compared to Custom Orb
- Compressed Fibre Cement (CFC) panels within the shower/toilet areas are matched with corresponding colour schemes for all change rooms
- Slab was stepped up by 100mm so the outside cladding could run past the step so there wasn’t a visual “gap” under the walls
- If a Q100 flood (probability of worst flood in 100 years) hits that area, the flood will be 7.5m above the slab line – wall frames allow water to escape
- Internal roller doors for converting the 4 change rooms into 2 for large teams
- Focus on privacy – including private showers in order to deliver the capacity required for clubs and other organisations in order to welcome teams of all genders
- 2x Custom Hardwood Feature Batten panels (vertical) outside entry to each change room – Gympie Regional Council required them to be able to be removed and cleaned after a flood (one complete panel would be too heavy to take down)
- Custom Interchangeable Signage was integrated into the build as participants of different genders played at different times and people could see from a fair distance which change room was for which gender etc.
- Virtually no timber in the build (other than Hardwood Feature Batten panels) for robustness and longevity
Landmark Products offers a complete, professional open space structure and furniture service throughout Australia and abroad.
From design through to manufacturing and installation, Landmark Products can deliver a total project solution. With over 30 years’ experience, and a team of highly skilful, expert specialists in public use infrastructure, Landmark is committed to exceeding the expectations of our clients, whether for a relatively straightforward project through to complex, large scale, custom built projects.
WHY CHOOSE LANDMARK?
Landmark is one of the only companies in Australia that offers a full-service package, from design and manufacture to delivery and installation. Its products have an extended structural warranty for 20 years if installed by Landmark, giving you peace of mind when you purchase with us.
Landmark understands the demands placed on public-use products and has thus designed and constructed solutions that are built for long-life from quality materials. Landmark has Australia’s largest range of standard open space structures and park furniture, available for almost every specification. Each product is engineered and manufactured to suit individual site specifications that match the location, environment, application and budget.
Landmark is renowned for its prompt and effective service, from the first enquiry right through to project completion. The customer service staff and project consultants are experts in their field and will guide you step-by-step throughout the process.
Landmark structures arrive flat-packed and ready to be assembled with no onsite fabrication needed. Kit-form structures greatly minimise the waste, noise and public and environmental disturbance to the area, and are much quicker to install.
Landmark Products offer two levels of limited structural warranty on its products:
- Landmark’s 10-year warranty applies to restrooms/shelters supplied by the company but installed by others
- Landmarks 20-year warranty applies to restrooms/shelters that are supplied by Landmark and installed by Landmark, or a Landmark-approved installation company